Holiday Checklist to Make This Season the Merriest Ever!
Refer to this simple holiday checklist and enjoy the calm knowing you have everything under control.
Schedule family portraits
Write holiday events and parties on family calendar
Send out Save-The-Date cards
Update list for card mailing
Clean the oven
Purchase stamps, address holiday cards
December, 3-4 weeks before
- Pull out holiday decor, only put out the things you love, donate the rest
- Set up holiday “staging” area where you keep wrapping paper and holiday supplies
December, 2-3 weeks before
- Clean out your refrigerator
- Take inventory of pantry, toss expired items, add to grocery list
- Start grocery list, finalize menu, assign contributors, purchase non-perishables
- Purchase gifts, wrap immediately
- Buy batteries to insert into toys and electronics
- Mail out holiday cards
- Mail out-of-town gifts
- Begin baking. Freeze breads and cookie dough.
December, 1 week before
- Finalize gift purchases, finish wrapping
- Confirm dinner guests
- Wash china and linens
- Clean house
- If having overnight guests, change bed linens
December, 1-2 days before
- If feasible, set table
- Prep for meal by pre-cooking as much as possible
- Replace or recharge batteries on camera and video equipment
- Purchase centerpiece or fresh flowers
- Buy remaining items on grocery list
After the holidays
- Purchase holiday cards for next year (store with holiday decorations if possible)
- Inventory wrapping paper and gift bags, purchase only as needed
- Remove holiday decorations, china, and linens, store carefully
- Write Thank You notes
- Take inventory of what you have in your environment and make decisions on what to keep, what to toss, and what to donate. Place new items in their “homes.”
In addition, I challenge you this holiday season to carry out simple Acts of Random Kindness. Here is an article I wrote to give you some fun ideas on making a positive difference, one person at a time: “7-Acts of Random Kindness” (click title to read).
Schedule your January 2017 organizing sessions now and ring in the New Year with “Get Organized” crossed off the list right away! Click on image above to be redirected to our “Get Started” online form.