Summer Fun Ahead
10 Tips to a Less Stressful Vacation
Whether you and your family are planning a road trip this summer, or flying to your vacation destination, your trip can calm instead of chaotic if you implement these simple 10 summer travel tips:
- Take only what you need (truthfully, I have yet to master this).
- To save room in your luggage (and baggage fees), pack only clothes that can be mixed and matched.
- Take clothes that do not wrinkle: rayon, polyester blends travel well.
- Leave all extra credit cards at home.
- If you are traveling out of the country, make copies of your passport, itineraries, and credit cards. Take copies with you and leave one with a relative.
- If flying, be sure to allow plenty of time for check-in AND security. Nothing is worse than thinking you have plenty of time only to find that the security check-in line inside the terminal is 3-miles long…and is moving very slowly. STRESS!
- If taking a road trip, have your car properly serviced prior to travel.
- Take a couple of expandable file folders for brochures that you pick up along the way.
- Always have a camera handy to capture those picture-perfect moments along the way.
- Allow time for spontaneous side trips and R&R. Traveling with an extensive and rigid “must see, must do” list is stressful, not to mention, co-travelers can become resistant and resentful if their entire vacation is planned, right down to the millisecond.