Summer is the time of year that a lot of people decide to buy or sell their home. If you or someone you know is in the market to move, you may find these essential moving tips helpful.
Make Moving a Breeze
- Purge, purge, purge! This is the PERFECT time to let go of all that extra stuff that you no longer LOVE, USE or WEAR, or NEED.
- If selling your home, you must de-personalize! A potential buyer will not feel comfortable walking into a home that is filled with portraits of your family members staring at them. Displaying a couple of tasteful photos is fine, but keep it to a minimum.
- De-clutter! Clear all “dump zones” where paper, mail, and “Things to Do” accumulate. Remove extra appliances from countertops. Clean out and organize your closets. Remove junk and garbage from your garage.
- Obtain boxes, wrapping paper, shipping tape and start packing now. Note: Uniform sized boxes are much easier to handle and stack and are suggested over using a mishmash of sizes and styles.
- Start packing now! Pack away excess family photos (see #2), and pack away the things you do not use regularly. Clearly label boxes with the room those boxes will go to in your next place.
- Do NOT overpack boxes. They should easy to manage and move.
- Hire professionals and carefully read their reviews:
Organizers (we can help de-clutter/stage, organize, pack and unpack)
House cleaners, carpet cleaners
Moving companies (review contracts carefully before signing any paperwork)
NEW videos from happy clients:
S. Navarro – Closet Overhaul, video 1
S. Navarro – Closet Overhaul, video 2
S. Navarro – Closet Overhaul, video 3
Want more? Check out these articles:
Closets: Smart Organizing Tips
Television: Arizona Living shows featuring Andrea Brundage:
Organizing Your Closets, click here.
Organizing Your Linen Closet, click here.
ANY space can be organized, no matter the size. This dorm-sized closet went from overstuffed and frustrating
to purged and organized. Simple!
There is no magic to getting organized…
You remember what your parents and grandparents said, right? Work hard and reap the rewards. There is no magic to tidying up…and when it comes to getting organized, that is definitely true. Getting organized is work…however…I am willing to work side-by-side with you and guide you through the process. I will share with you my time-tested solutions, tricks, and techniques that are likely BEYOND WHAT YOU KNOW RIGHT NOW.
Start here www.ProfessionalOrganizerAZ.com/get-started
A thoughtful gift for your clients, graduates, newlyweds, new parents,
seniors, downsizing retirees, RVers, new homeowners.
Graphic credit: Pass-it-on (unknown)