Living in gratitude
Sometimes in the rush of daily living, we do not take time to be mindful. You may remember Sarah Ban Breathnach’s “Simple Abundance” book that suggests that at the end of each day we write down at least three things for which we are grateful. Coming up with entries for the list is effortless when you walk through your day being mindful. Just this morning in a matter of a couple of hours, I found several reasons to feel grateful. And yes, for me it is often the simple things that make my heart sing. So here it is close to 10 AM, and these are some of the joyful things that have been “present”ed to me.
- The smell of freshly brewed coffee before I even got out of bed (I love that I can set a timer on my coffee maker)
- The taste of Pumpkin Spice creamer (living in Phoenix, this means fall is coming…and that is a really good thing!)
- An adorable little quail scurrying across my fence (I just love the little plume on their heads)
- The sweet sound of an acoustic guitar from a youtube video that my friend posted on her Facebook page
- Reading a heartfelt message emailed to me by a life long friend
- The cool morning breeze blowing on my face (well, cool by Phoenix standards anyway)
- Appointments on my calendar that includes lunch with a group of fellow networkers, a pampering session, and a face-to-face “let me get to know you better” meeting
In writing this list, I realized that all of my senses have been touched. May all of your senses be touched today, and may you be surrounded by the people and the things that make your heart sing…”My oh my, what a wonderful day!” What fills your heart with gratitude?