3-Tips to Get More Organized
What are 3 things you can do that won’t take up too much time but will provide an impact to your workload once you get to the office? Here are some tips to help you get more organized:
1. Review tomorrow’s calendar TONIGHT
2. Do not start your day in crisis management mode
- a) set your alarm a little earlier than you need to and get up and enjoy a little quiet time before the mayhem begins
- b) leave the house a little before you need to so you don’t get stressed if there is a delay of some sort (traffic, forgot something at home, need gas)
- c) if there are kids to get to school, teach them to become responsible for getting their own backpacks and anything they need for school ready THE NIGHT BEFORE
3. Do high-concentration tasks early in the day and set schedules for checking emails, returning phone calls, etc. Also, allow calls to go to voice mail. It is acceptable AND recommended so you don’t find yourself getting frequently interrupted and then wasting valuable time “re-ramping” for whatever task you are working on.