Clutter causes stress and discomfort for many, but in addition to being overwhelmed, there are other costs that you may not have considered. 
Costs associated with clutter and poor organization often include:

  • Wasted time
  • Wasted money
  • Wasted space
  • Wasted food
  • Wasted energy
  • Wasted opportunities

In this newsletter, you will find multiple tips that can free you from clutter and the overwhelm that accompanies it. Are you ready to create a calm, supportive space? Ahhh yes, peace and calm can be yours.

As always, I’m here to serve. If you’d like to schedule a Complimentary 20-Minute Consultation, click here  or click here to schedule your next Organizing Session.

Waste: The Costly Effect of Being Unorganized

From food, to clothes, to toys, to tools, to cars, to miscellaneous collections, we are a wasteful society, and many of us are overwhelmed and stressed by how much stuff we have accumulated. 

Here are some considerations:
Less is more, folks.

  • Stop buying what you don’t need.
  • Do some meal planning every single week!
  • Bring older food items to the front of your cabinets so they get used first.
  • Use or give things away before they go bad.

Remember, to whom much is given, much is required.

  • Be a good steward of your blessings (money, food, talent, time, etc.).
  • Do not let the things you bring into your space “own” (or overwhelm) you. If you feel stressed when you walk into your home because of clutter, your “stuff” owns you.
  • Share with the less fortunate.
  • Rephrase the words “get rid of” with the words “release to others.” It’s more gentle and it can remind you that by letting go of those excess things, you are helping yourself, and quite possibly, helping others in the process.

Learn more about the real costs of clutter on my blog.

10-Tips To More Organized (less stressed) Travel

Whether you are going on a road trip this summer, or flying to your vacation destination, here are 10 simple tips for a stress-free vacation:

  1. Take only what you need (truthfully, I have yet to master this).
  2. To save room in your luggage (and baggage fees), pack only clothes that can be mixed and matched.
  3. Take clothes that do not wrinkle like rayon and polyester blends.
  4. Leave all extra credit cards at home.
  5. If you are traveling out of the country, make copies of your passport, itineraries, and credit cards. Take copies with you and leave one with a relative.
  6. If flying, be sure to allow plenty of time for check-in AND security. Nothing is worse than thinking you have plenty of time only to find that the security line is 3-miles long. Talk about STRESS!
  7. If taking a road trip, have your car properly serviced prior to travel.
  8. Take a couple of expandable file folders for brochures that you pick up along the way or receipts, if needed.
  9. Keep your phone charged so you have a camera ready to capture those picture-perfect moments along the way.
  10. Allow time for fun and spontaneous side trips and R&R. Traveling with an extensive, rigid “Must see, Must do” list is stressful, not to mention, more spontaneous co-travelers might become resistant if every millisecond of the trip is planned.

Give Your Closet a Back-to-School Makeover

This is a great time to clear your family’s closets of outgrown or unwanted clothing. When organizing your closet, consider the Pareto Principle, which is also called the 80/20 Rule. It states that we only wear 20% of the clothes in our closets, and the other 80% are just taking up space. 

So, before you head out to do your back-to-school shopping, allocate a few hours to clearing out those closets and donating or gifting your discards to kids in need. Oh and hey, don’t forget to go through your shoes and accessories!

Summer is the perfect time to organize!

The warmer months have arrived! As you get ready for fall and for school to start, it’s the perfect time to declutter! 

If you don’t know where to begin and need help navigating the entire process, or even if you’re looking for just a little support, I’ve got you covered!
See for yourself in these awesome Before & After photos. See more before and after photos here.

Turn your Chaos into Calm

Overwhelmed by the thought of having to do it on your own? Well, the good news is YOU DON’T. My expertise, calm demeanor, and excellent organizing skills can make all the difference. In-person, virtual, and coaching sessions are available. 

Want some support?

Get free support from our private SOS Clutter Disruptors Facebook Group. This is the place where you can connect with people on the same journey as you. We also have members who have decluttered and are willing to share their own experiences and helpful tips. SOS Clutter Disruptors is a non-judgement zone and a safe place designed to help you as little or as much as you need. Click below to join.